Well, I started back at work last week. What was an eight hour contract has swiftly become me working two days a week in the office with additional working from home. I’m loving it to be honest but I’m finding that I have absolutely no free time between working and planning my wedding in three weeks, so although I’m reading my blog list I’m not managing to post much myself.
This is a ‘meme’ post. I’ve been tagged you see.
So anyway here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
Tag six random people and the end of your post-link to their blogs.
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the fun begin!
1. Painkillers don’t work for me, but I’m very sensitive to caffeine and artificial additives. For example I had a latte yesterday at 8.30am and forgot to ask for decaf. 8.30 last night and I couldn’t stop jabbering away.
2. The feeling of sandpaper makes me recoil. I loathe it and #2 has got wise to this. He has a book called, That’s not my bunny and on page two the bunny has pads made of sandpaper. He growls while opening the page, mimicking me because I hate it.
3. I had eight teeth removed to facilitate my orthodontic treatment as my jaw is so small.
4. I have very few photos of me taken from my left side. This is because I have a huge bump in my nose after breaking it, and you can’t see it in photos from the right.
5. I was on the Women’s committee for a major UK union for two years.
6. I would be a vegetarian if the rest of the family would go along with it too.
In return, I’m going to tag :
Jen at PurpleJen Knits
Eileen at FatMuncher
Jenn at Matersum
Kirsty at WWDG
Kawaii Crafter at Zakka Life Crafts
Semprini at Title Goes Here
You may have seen a few blogs mentioning the ‘Pay It Forward’ exchange. Thanks to this, and to the generosity of Kawaii Crafter I am being gifted with a beautiful mizuhiki knot. I am also involved with a more local exchange as PurpleJen is also gifting me. The exchange has been brilliantly explained by PurpleJen therefore I’m copying this verbatim:
The Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based on the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.
So, I will make something for the first five* people to comment on this entry. I’m happy to recreate anything that has been posted on here and is postable (so yes to crayon holders and chunky crayons, no to lemon drizzle cake). Participants must be aware that my exchange will not be sent out until at least the end of February as I have the wedding to deal with before that.
Normal service will hopefully resume soon!
*I’m offering it to five people as I’m doing two swaps and I hope to spread the love
Posted under Uncategorized
This post was written by Vonnie on January 15, 2008